Sub-header

           Six impossible things before breakfast.


A library science student's perspective on life, the universe, and everything.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Writing Blues

Why is writing so hard?

That is the question I have asked myself over and over again throughout my life. I have always enjoyed writing, and storytelling, and inventing characters, fictional places, and plots, but regardless, it always seems so difficult to put pen to paper or sit down with a blank word document and actually write. I think it's frequently agreed that beginning (any project, not just writing) is often the hardest step, but I think sticking with something is just as trying.

I imagine writing novels and short stories, recording my thoughts and my opinions, and maybe even creating something new with words and ideas, but it never works out. I am becoming almost desperate to figure out why, partially because I am tired of carrying these unfulfilled writing dreams around with me everywhere I go, and partially because I deeply want this blog to survive and be meaningful somehow, even if it's just for myself. Unfortunately it seems to get easier and easier for me to skip a day, or two, or post something interesting but largely thoughtless.

I've never been one for New Year's resolutions, but if I were, this would be my lifelong ambition.

No comments:

Post a Comment