Sub-header

           Six impossible things before breakfast.


A library science student's perspective on life, the universe, and everything.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving reflections

I'm officially on Thanksgiving break and feeling great about it. Never mind the two presentations, one paper, access database, and powerpoint projects I have left to finish by the end of the semester, I'm just happy to be spending a couple of days away from school and ironically, especially away from the library! When I get back to school I'm sure I will be just as happy as usual to find a secluded spot up in the stacks, which is where I always seem to get the most work done, but after spending practically a week straight there, I'm enjoying a change of scenery. After an extended time in the library, I started to notice how crisp the fresh air outside was, and how nice it was to feel sunlight on your skin, and how alive and three dimensional the whole world is (I know, sad, right?). The weather has been surprisingly warm for November, but aside from the walk between my apartment and the bus stop and the bus stop to the library, I haven't been able to experience much of it. Hopefully it will hold out for the next couple of days!

It's hard to believe the semester is nearly over. When we get back from break there will only be a few short weeks left. For one of my classes we just turned in our final papers yesterday and aside from some readings and showing up to class, it's essentially all over. For another class a short presentation is all that's left. I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that my grad school experience is (most likely) a quarter of the way over.

No comments:

Post a Comment