Sub-header

           Six impossible things before breakfast.


A library science student's perspective on life, the universe, and everything.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Taste Level

After more than seven years as a Microsoft user (five of those on the same laptop), last May it was time for me to get a new computer. I got a Mac, and haven't given Microsoft another glance since. I could write a lot about my devout love for my MacBook Pro or the wasted years I clung to my Dell, but I'll save that for another time.

This week PBS producer, Robert Cringely, planned to show a film of a previously unaired interview with Steve Jobs from 1995--a tumultuous time in Jobs' life and his relationship with Apple. The session was originally filmed for a PBS miniseries titled "Triumph of the Nerds: The Rise of Accidental Empires. In a clip of the interview posted on CNET, Jobs says, "the only problem with microsoft is they just have no taste," as he criticizes the lack of culture and originality in microsoft products. Based on the clip, this was a pretty lively interview session and I'd love to hear what else Jobs has to say about the early development of the computer technology industry.


No comments:

Post a Comment