Sub-header

           Six impossible things before breakfast.


A library science student's perspective on life, the universe, and everything.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Open Access Week

So I've nearly missed it, but I still wanted to throw link up here for Open Access Week (October 24-30, 2011). Open Access Week exists to promote and share the benefits of Open Access policies and publication with scholars and researchers around the world. Definitely a worthy cause.



For example take Open Office: a great program that includes word processing, spreadsheets and databases, presentation, and even drawing functions. So basically, all the essentials. I've never been a big fan of Microsoft Office (I especially detest Excel), and since I discovered Open Office I have started using it for just about everything. It's simple and straightforward and I think it would be an easy transition for Mac or PC users. If you're interested, give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment